Dear boy,
You are the picture of hope.
In you there is the sound of joy
the touch of love,
a light where there once was none.
In you there is drenching rain
for our thirsty hearts.
Sweet child,
I doubt you’ll ever know
just what you mean.
I doubt any words from
Mama’s heart can make you see.
But little one, you must know--
Your life is not your own.
I gave it to our Father long ago,
On the day that you were born
To do with what He pleases.
I know, my son,
That someday you will leave me
and you’ll take your light
To some far off corner,
To shine in your own special way.
Until that day, my only prayer is this--
That I may use with wisdom
each and every day,
Each moment I’m given
the privilege of being your Mom.
That I may somehow instill in you
A sense of the awesome power
And love of God
I’ve come to know
Because of you.
1 comment:
Your poetry is really amazing. Thanks for sharing it. I just miscarried a month ago - our first baby. So, I found your site by searching "miscarriage". Hope you don't mind.
Post a Comment