Thursday, June 30, 2011

Lord, you’ve never left me
Even when I left you
When I didn’t deserve your help
And you gave it anyway.
When I couldn’t even love myself,
You loved me more.

When I was lost
And didn’t know it
Alone in a dangerous place
Well I didn’t deserve to be saved
But you saved me anyway.
Though my sins were like the stars,
You loved me more.

Now when I look down at these eyes
Smiling up at me, my child
I know he’ll never have to earn my love
I’ll just love him anyway.
Yet as deep as this love runs,
You love me more.

And I can imagine your own Son
Precious Prince of heaven.
I know you didn’t have to give him up
But you gave Him anyway.
It must have hurt so much
To give that gift, I know
But you loved me more
You loved me
More.

No comments: