Goodbye boudin stand
and flatland that I love.
I'll see you, swampland.
Freeze frame that egret flying by
Like a painting in my mind
I'll carry with me
To the places moss won't grow
Take good care of my people
The way you always do
They don't know how blessed they are here in God's country.
Keep the gumbo flowing
The good times, music and
the etouffee,
Like sauce piquante
and Tiger fever
in my veins
I'm moving down the road now.
I can see the hills and the pines
Stretched out before me
But you're never far away.
I look forward to the day
I'll be coming home.
Keep 'em laughing and loving life while I'm away.
Goodbye oak trees.
and flatland that I love.
I'll see you, swampland.
Freeze frame that egret flying by
Like a painting in my mind
I'll carry with me
To the places moss won't grow
Take good care of my people
The way you always do
They don't know how blessed they are here in God's country.
Keep the gumbo flowing
The good times, music and
the etouffee,
Like sauce piquante
and Tiger fever
in my veins
I'm moving down the road now.
I can see the hills and the pines
Stretched out before me
But you're never far away.
I look forward to the day
I'll be coming home.
Keep 'em laughing and loving life while I'm away.
Goodbye oak trees.
No comments:
Post a Comment